Reopening packages opens a new Editor when editing in an old Editor
For reproducing the issue, please do the following:
1. Check on option VIEW | OPTIONS | Editor | "check on option use single Editor instance for PL/SQL if possible"
2. Check on option VIEW | OPTIONS | Editor | "Load Spec and Body as pair"
3. Check on option VIEW | OPTIONS | Editor | "Separate tabs"
4. Open a blank editor and start typing (select * from dual; for example)
5. Open a schema browser and go to packages or procedures
6. Double click the package/procedure icon
5. This causes another additional editor window to open.
The packages and/or procedures that were double clicked in the schema browser should be opened as tabs in the existing first and only editor window.
You need to be signed in and under a current maintenance contract to view premium knowledge articles.