Beginning with the 188.8.131.52 FMS, users can run the "Rules Report" and get the details of the rules, with or without registry variables themselves. The rules should all now be self-documented in the UI, which is what the report pulls. As long as the DBAs have access to the reports page, and the report template, they can run or schedule this.
For all of the rules
- In the upper right of the Foglight Console, Click "Reports".
- Click Run a Report.
- Select the "All Templates" tab.
- Scroll down or Filter by "Rules" in the Search box.
- Choose "Rules and Registry Values" or "Rules Report".
- By default the report will list Rules and Variables from all Cartridges.
- Configure the option "Cartridge Name Contains:" to constrain the report to a specific type.
- Name the report and choose the reports output type(PDF, Excel or XML).
- Click Next and Finish.
- The Report may take a few minutes to output all the data and will be very lengthy, possibly hundreds of pages.
NOTE: the Excel report will have a the Rules on Sheet0 and Registry Variables on Sheet1 of the Excel file.
For a single database agent rule
- Navigate to the databases dashboard
- Click a database agent tile
- Select all of the agents in the database dashboard
- Select an alarm in the Alarms area at the center of the panel
- In the Alarm Settings tab, select the expander button next to the Fatal Bound column
- Click the link to Export to export the thresholds for a specific rule for all of the selected agents