While monitoring the queues using "qstatus", it is sometimes observed that the number of messages and backlog remain constant or keeps increasing at all times. It is worth knowing the implications of this.
Could be a number of reasons.
Normally these two statistics are dynamic, meaning that they keep going up and down. If both the number of messages and backlog remain constant or keep increasing at all times, then it could be indicative of the following, among others:
1. Process stopped by user or stopped due to error.
2. Queue corruption.
3. More data is coming into the queue than is being processed by the queue.
4. In case of Post queue, it could be that the target database is down.
5. In case of Capture queue, it could be that the source database is down, so that the Read process is not able to obtain the key values for the WHERE clause.
6. In case of Export, it could be that the Shareplex on the corresponding target is unavailable, the Import process on that target is stopped by user or the network is having performance problems.
For more information on the command, please refer to the Reference Guide.