When Source and Target agents are installed on the Same Host. Perfromace is slower then expected.
Both the Mail Source Agent and the Mail Target Agent use the same tracking database - EMWST.DAT found in the root of the disk where the agent(s) are installed. This was not a problem previously, because you could not install both of these agents on the same server. Now that this functionality is available (since version 8.6). This causes a performance hit, because the agents lock the database while processing, so essentially they take turns. The result is half the performance expected.
There is an additional agent parameter that can be set called TrackingDB. This will override the default location of the tracking database.
• The parameter must be set in HEX.
• The parameter will apply to all instances of the agent.
To Set This Up:
1. On the console please navigate to Tools | Options | Additional parameters for agent configuration files.
Note: If the Additional parameters for agents configuration files tab is not displayed, run Registry Editor on the Migration Manager Console computer and open the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Aelita\Migration Manager\CurrentVersion\Exchange Data and add a new DWORD Value named ShowAdditionalParameters
Double-click the ShowAdditionalParameters value and type 1 in the data field. Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
2. Click Add Parameter (Name:TrackingDB, Value is the path where tracking database resides), pick All Agents or one specific agent.
Important: The value is defined in HEX, please use HEX converters. For example for the folder C:\TDB the hexvalue is 43003A005C00540044004200. This will be applied to ALL agents so disk C:\ in this example needs to be available on all Exchange servers where agents are deployed.
3. To ensure these changes are propagated to config.ini file please right click on the needed Exchange server under Source/Target org Select Properties and then click OK. This will write the info to the config.ini file.