For some companies it is mandatory that all the account have MFA enabled. As result the Super User account will not be able to connect to perform the Archive process and will eventually stop.
This usually occurs in Office 365 Environment.
The Super User account / Service account is MFA enabled.
In this scenario, the way to work around the MFA configuration is to create an App Password for the Super User account.
1. Sign in to the Additional security verification page (https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/Proofup.aspx), and then select App passwords. Sign in with the Office365 Super User Account
2. Select Create, type the name of the app that requires the app password, and then select Next.
3. Copy the password from the Your app password page, and then select Close.
4. From the App passwords page, make sure your app is listed.
5. Open the app you created the app password for (for example, Outlook 2010), and then paste the app password when asked for it. You should only have to do this once per app.
For more details please review the following Microsoft article:
Once you have created the App password: