Verify the on-demand connection
- Select the agent in question
- Go to Databases | Settings | Agent Settings | Administration from the Database dashboard
- Go to On-Demand Data Port (this will show the RMI port that is being used which needs
- to be open bi-direactional between the FGLAM agent host and FMS)
- Set the 'port' to a port that is open in both directions (default port is 3235)
- Click 'verify connection'
This should show that the connection succeeded.
The user can get "netstat –a > desktop\netstat.txt" from the FGLAM hostname and another one from the FMS hostname.
Then, make a comparison to ensure port 3235 port is open.