When trying to connect with the Performance Analysis Client (GUI) the message PA requires at least one minute of agent activity pops up.
If the agent has just been installed or restarted, then the message is normal. The Performance Analysis Client must have a certain amount of data before it can be displayed. This typically takes from 1-3 minutes.
However if the message is still popping up even after waiting 5+ minutes, then check the possible reasons below:
1) System clock on servers out of synch
2) The Agent on the monitored host is restarting itself every few minutes
1) Synchronize the system clock on all servers involved (Middleware, Agent, Client) then bounce the QAM Launcher services, and reconnect.
2) Go to the Agent host that is trying to be connected to and go to the following directory:
* For Oracle, replace SC_MSSQL with StealthCollect, for DB2, with SC_DB2
You will see several files, but note the "stderr.quest_sc_collector" files. Several with a .1, .2, .3, etc.. extension.
Every time an agent restarts, the 'stderr.quest_sc_collector' rolls over to the .1, and so forth. ex...
If the date/time stamp between these files is every few minutes, then the agent is restarting and this is why the 3 minutes requirement is never reached and therefore cannot be connected to.
If this is the case, please generate a manual support bundle on this host and the middleware, open a support case and attach the 2 support bundles.