At times it may be necessary to change the SID of the source database. Certain steps must be carried out within Shareplex prior to and after the SID change.
If the source SID is being changed, it may require the existing replication environment to be cleaned up, and consequently activate afresh with downtime on source database. The same does not hold true for the target SID change, the procedure for which is documented in the Admin Guide Chapter 9 titled "Changing Oracle Characteristic of Replicated Objects".
If changing the source SID, please carry out the following steps:
1. Stop user access on source database.
2. Issue a flush from source sp_ctrl to create a reference point at which to shutdown the target database. That is: sp_ctrl>flush o.SID (where SID denotes the SID of the source database)
3. When Post stops due to flush, shutdown Shareplex on source and target servers.
4. Clean the existing replication environment by running ora_cleansp on source and target database
5. Change the SID of the source database
6. Run ora_setup on source database
7. Activate the config on the source database
8. Once the activation finishes, resume user activity on source database
If the above steps are not carried out in that sequence, then possible out of sync issues may occur. It is imperative that the steps be carried out in a controlled manner.