User gets an error that says "Project file error in line # 1: << TOAD ER Diagram >>" when launching Toad for Oracle. Clicking the OK button gives another error "The application has encountered a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience. '<<' is not a valid integer value." Clicking on the OK button again allows the user to continue launching and using Toad.
1. Shut down Toad for Oracle.
2. Browse to C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User Files.
3. Rename the file Project.tpr to OLDProject.tpr.
4. Rename the file Project_bak.tpr to Project.tpr.
5. Launch Toad and see if the error remains.
6. If it remains, try renaming Project.tpr back to Project_bak.tpr.
7. Launch Toad without a Project.tpr. See if the error remains.
Reinstall Toad for Oracle, some of your settings maybe lost.
1. Launch Toad, go to the menu Help | Register Toad. Copy your key and site message. Shut down Toad for Oracle.
2. Browse to C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle. Rename or back up the User Files folder.
3. Browse to Start | All Programs | Quest Software | Quest Installer.
4. Choose to uninstall a product, and select Toad for Oracle.
5. Upgrade to the latest TOAD for Oracle. Launch Toad and you'll be prompted to enter your key and site message.
The latest version of Toad for Oracle can be downloaded at: