How to use the Reports Manager to generate a Report from a custom query?
NOTE: This is an example of how to create a report.
To generate a report you could do the following:
1. Start the Schema Browser in Toad
2. Choose the Role tab
3. Choose a Role and right click on it (for example DBA role)
4. Go to 'Custom Queries' and choose for example 'Roles & Privileges'
5. Copy the SQL-Statement from there.
6. Open the Report Wizard: Database | Report | Reports Manager
7. Choose a category, e.g. my_reports
8. Generate a new report (clicking on the '+', from a SQL-Statement)
9. Paste the SQL-Script (or generate your own one) from step 5
10. When you are ready with the SQL click on the check-mark
11. Then click on the icon 'Design selected Report' (hand with a pencil on a sheet)
12. Choose the fields from the SQL-Statement you want to use
13. When you click on finish the first sample report with your selected fields is generated.
14. Here in the Fast Report you can completely rearrange and change your report.
(for further information please read the toad manual)
15. Save your report by clicking the save Icon and naming it. (the Fast Report closes)
16. To run the report check the entry with your report in the list and click run (the green arrow)
17. If you are missing something, again go to step 14 to change and rearrange the report.
(if a database field is missing change the SQL-Statment and add the missing field)