Is there a way to automate and schedule importing of Excel files in to Oracle?
A new feature has been introduced in version 9.6 to schedule an import of data using the Action Palette.
1. View Action Palette
2. Click on the Importing Tab and click the import icon
3. Type a name for you Import Action
4. <Right Click> the newly created import action | Properties | You'll then be prompted with the import table data dialog boxes
5. Enter your import details (keep in mind that the table must already exist in your database)
6. Click the execute button to run immediately, or click Apply | Cancel
7. <Right Click> again on the action | select 'Schedule' and follow the dialog prompts for scheduling the task
When Database | Import | Import Table Data is executed, it will automatically add this to the Action Palette Vault under the Importing tab. From there the import can then be scheduled to run.