WhenI ranthe Quest Installer to install Toad for Oracle, the install process says that Toad is already installed.
Drillto the Quest Installer located in the:
Start Menu | All Programs | Quest Software | Quest Installer.
Choose to uninstall a product and select Toad for Oracle.
If that does not work please try the steps below.
1. In the Quest Installer, it will list Toad for Oracle and its installation path.
2. Browse to that path. If itis there, search for an uninstall.exe file and remove Toad for Oracle.
3. Go to the Windows Add or Remove Program Utility. Locate and remove entries for Toad for Oracle .
4. Restart the Quest Installer and determine if Toad for Oracle can be installed.
1. From Windows Start | Run, clear contents from Open: field.
Please Note:The following are critical files that may harm your computer if not configured correctly. Make backup files as necessary and proceed at your own risk.
1. Open the Windows Registry by going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Quest Software.
2. Remove sub-folders such as Toad for Oracle. Attempt to reinstall again.
3. Browse to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Quest Software\Quest Installer\LocalManifest.
4. Make a copy of LocalManifest.xml as backup.
5. In LocalManifest.xml remove the block that contains Toad for Oracle or Toad_Standalone. Save the manifest and run the Quest Installer again.
6. additionally please download theWindows Installer CleanUp Utilityfrom the Microsoft homepage at:
and check if there are still components of the toad installation installed and uninstall it with this tool.
1. Follow the attached document,How to remove all Quest Software components manually. This document will remove all Quest Software components from ones machine to enable an fresh install.