We have gaps in the GUI and the collector does not collect data.
Conflicting PA configuration settings on the database server and middleware server.
During several PA upgrades and support cases changes at the configuration settings have been done. Now these changes are conflicting and causing errors.
Two middleware installations try to access the same collector, for example an old middleware test installation is still active.
After upgrade to Performance Analysis 6.5 some files in the short term repository were corrupted
Restore the original/default configuration files:
To get the original/default configuration files contact Quest Support.
Remove/Stop the not needed middleware installation.
For details have a look at the attached document "Multiple_MW_addressing_the_same_Collector.pdf"
On the middleware server:
1. stop the PA processes (quest_launcher_daemon shutdown)
2. go to <install dir>/pa_agent/<port>/agents/StealthCollect/6.0/<host-SID>/quest_sc_mw/data.
3. rename Syntax_ID.data and Syntax_ID.indx
4. start PA processes (quest_launcher_daemon start)
The two files will be correctly rebuild while restarting the PA processes
- status of the collector is running, but no data is collected.
- middleware processes crashed every now and then.
- after restarting the installation everything is working fine for about 1-2 hours.
- on monitored host open <install dir>/agent/log/activity.log
You will find entries like this:
StealthCollect@6.0@quest_sc_collector@Collector1-Instance1 (2211972) killed by quest (USER1@MW1)
StealthCollect@6.0@quest_sc_collector@Collector1-Instance1 (1999062) killed by quest (USER2@MW2)