In Control Panel | Add/Remove programs there are two versions of SQL Navigator displayed i.e. v4 and v5. Removed v4 using add/remove programs. On launching SQL Nav 5.5 via the desktop icon, Windows cannot find the SQLNav5.exe.
This is the scenario that is likely to have caused this:
1. SQL Nav 4 is installed in C:\Program Files\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 4
2. Installing SQL Nav 5.5.1 or 5.5.2 asks if Upgrade or New installation: Select Upgrade
3. Asks for directory installation - it defaults to 4. (but can be changed) Leave it unchanged, so 5 actually installs into 4 folder
On checking add/remove both SQL Nav 4 & 5 will both be displayed
Removing SQL Nav 4 then takes out the actual 5 installation since it was upgraded into the same directory.
5.5.0, 5.5.3 & 5.5.4 do not prompt for an upgrade so by default all will install into a SQL Nav 5.5 folder and if you've upgraded from 5.5.0 to 5.5.4, for example, you only see SQL Nav 5.5 in add/remove programs.
1. Always check that if multiple entries exist in Add/Remove Programs, there are multiple installation folders .
2. Uninstall any of the SQL Nav Products using the Unwise.exe located in the relevant SQL Nav folder e.g.
C:\Program Files\Quest Software\SQL Navigator 4\unwise.exe