When trying to register the commercial version of Toad Data Point (formerly knowns as Toad for Data Analysts) (TDA), it won't register and reports that the "License key or site message invalid".
There might be several causes for this:
1. The Authorization Key is typed in incorrectly.
2. The Site Message is typed in incorrectly.
3. The a key not meant for Toad Data Point is beign used.
Note, regular Toad for Oracle licenses are no longer accepted in Toad Data Point 3.2 and newer. Only older versions of Toad for Data Analysts will work with Toad for oracle keys.
Both the key and site message need to be registered. If the Site Message field is grayed out, then it is possible that the install of Toad is a trial version. Trial version installs won't accept commercial keys.
1. Veirfy that the Authorization Key is typed in correctly. The authorization or license key is usually 21 digits long, or a 30+ character, alpha numeric string. If the key being entered is less then 21 characters, it is probably an incorrect key.
2. Verify that the Site Message is typed in correctly. Verify if there are company suffixes like "INC", "CORP", "LLC", etc included in the site message.
3. Check for any missing/extra punctuation, like periods, commas, or hyphens in either the key or site message.
4. Keep in mind that the Site Message is both case and space sensitive.
5. If trying to register a Toad for Oracle license key, the highest version that it can be use with is Toad for Data Analysts 3.1. Toad Data Point 3.2 and newer no longer accepts Toad for Oracle keys.
Please review this article if working with a Toad for Oracle key and Toad Data Analysts 3.1 and older:
6. Verify that the commercial version is installed. A commercial key will not be accepted in the trial install. If the trial version is installed, please uninstall and reinstall Toad commercial.
Download Toad Data Point commercial version here:
If you are still have an issue after running though the check list please contact Quest Support at support @quest.com or open up a case yourself from directly at https://support.quest.com.
When you contact Quest Support please provide the following.
1. The licensing info that was sent to you via email when you purchased TDA.
2. A screen shot of what was entered to register TDA.