Toad hangs when generating a script in the Schema Browser. In the Schema Browser's | User tab, attempting to open the Script tab (right hand pane) for a User, Toad seems to hang for a while with the hourglass.
This can also happen after an upgrade to v11.x, for any database object, when pressing the Script tab.
1) Go to View | Toad Options | Oracle, set 'OCI Array Buffer Size' to 1000.
2) In Toad go to View | Toad Options | Oracle | Optimizer Hints and select the '/*+RULE*/' hint in the "All Others" dropdown menu.
a) Click Apply and OK to accept the changes.
b) Close Toad and restart the application.
NOTE - If the '/*+RULE*/' hint does not work, go back to View | Toad Options | Oracle | Optimizer Hints and select another hint until you find one that does not hang Toad.
1. Close Toad
2. Go to: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\11.6\User Files
3. Rename ToadActions.dat
4. Restart Toad
WORKAROUND 3: (11.x and above. This will reset all settings back to original installaiton values)
1. From the login window, export connections using the 'Export' button
2. Go to Utilities | Copy User Settings | Select 'reset to a clean set of user files...' | OK
3. Toad will restart
4. Click on the 'save passwords' box (If you save passwords)
5. Click the 'Import' button in Login Window to import connections
6. Re-test issue