You may experience a problem where you see "Failed Objects" when you migration completes, and when you click "view log", the objects show the following error:
"Error 0xe3000001. License violation"
If you go to Help->About, and double-click "Migration Manager for Active Directory", there are still Migration licenses available.
This can be caused by a known issue when using "Test Mode".
This issue is caused when you follow these steps:
1. Migrate users with "Test Mode" selected,
2. Then click "Back" when the session is completed
3. Un-check "Test Mode", and click "Next" to migrate the users
When the above steps are followed, some of the objects may fail with "license violation" errors, as the licenses from the previous "Test Mode" session are counted toward the total licenses used.
(*NOTE* This does not affect the total number of licenses used by the tool, it only causes errors in the current migration session)
The DSA is on a Windows 2012 Server and UAC is Enabled.
Resolution for Cause 1:
To work around this issue, use the following steps:
1. Undo the migration session in which some of the objects failed
2. Right-click the "Migration" node and select "New Session"
3. Migrate the users without using "Test Mode".
If the same error is still received then on DSA machine the following service needs to be stopped and then started again:
Quest Directory Synchronization Agent Configurator Service
Resolution for Cause 2:
Disable User Account Control in the Registry.
Path to UAC: