Toad for Oracle 9.6.1 and lower versions.
Execute query and do a Grid | Save As or Export to Excel gets the error: "Access violation at address 012387DF in module 'toad.exe'. Read of address 00000000."
The steps below can also reproduce the Access Violation error:
1. open Toad1
2. open the Schema Browser in Toad1
3. go to then Tables tab (left)
4. go to the tab Data tab (right)
5. press Save Dataset as...
6. Export Format: Excel, options: file x.xls, press OK
7. the export works fine
8. open a second TOAD (Toad2)
9. do the steps 2-6 exactly equal on Toad2
10. the error occurs
11. in Toad2 try to export to an different filename(same directory)| error occurs again
12. close TOAD1 and in Toad2 try to export to an different filename(same directory)| error occurs again
The action recall history is full.
1) Close Toad for Oracle.
2) Go to: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User Files\
(a) Rename the "ToadActions.dat" file to "ToadActions.dat.backup"
(b) Rename the "ToadActions.log" file to "ToadActions.log.backup"
3) Launch Toad and re-test issue.
Waiting for fix in a future release of Toad for Oracle.