Running a query or script file with "Execute as Script" or F5 function key hangs program while Toad is attempting to display the result set in Script Output.
Run SET TERMOUT OFF command or include this command in your script, prior to running the query. This command will suppress the display of result set of query in Script Output window and will execute the script to completion in order to spool result to file.
Use "Execute as Statement" or F9 key to run query and use Data Grid | Save As option to export result set.
Waiting for fix in an future release of Toad.
The SET command can be added to login.sql or glogin.sql file of Toad in order for it be automatically executed at startup of Toad. To do so, perform the following:
1. Select View | Toad Options menu option
2. Select Execute/Compile from the left side tree
3. Under Login Scripts, select "Edit" button next to login.sql or glogin.sql file
4. If file does not exist, let Toad, create it for you
5. Toad will open the file in Notepad, enter the command:
set termout off;
6. Save the file, Toad will save it under Toad's directory, save to the default folder
7. Check the "Execute Login Scripts" checkbox and hit OK
8. Close and reopen Toad