Ive been working on my Middleware Migration this weekend and have run into the following situation:
1. Collectors exist on two (2) Windows database servers.
2. Shutdown Agents on old Middleware Server
3. Shutdown Collectors on Monitored Servers
4. Removed<host-sid></host-sid>directories from old Middleware Server
5. Removed agents directory from Monitored Servers
6. Restarted old Middleware Server
7. Attempted reinstall on Monitored Servers but was stopped when I received the following message:
The installation wizard has identified a corrupted agent installation on host: ORA-NWSS-004 using port 3566. Please choose a different port.
QAM Service still exists from another
Try removing the QAM service from the monitored servers and then re-install. To remove the service, run the quest_launcher.exe file on the monitored hosts by opening a Windows command prompt on the monitored host and cd to the directory where the quest_launcher.exe file is located (ie <install_dir>\agents\bin)
1. From the <install_dir>\agents\bin folder, enter the command following command substituting the correct port:
2. When you hit enter, it should confirm that the agent was stopped and deleted
3. Exit out of the command prompt and go to Services and check to see if the QAM3566 service is gone