Intention is to remove the monitored instance from the long term repository schema as well as to drop all historical data related to a specific instance from the repository schema.
1. The StealthCollect Uninstall failed to delete the instance from the repository.
2. After a manual move of the repository manager to use another repository database, the old repository is left with an unused instance.
3. The repository manager did not function well and all data collected in the instance is corrupted.
1. Query the QUEST_INSTANCE_DIM table in the repository schema to find which instances have their historical data stored in that repository:
select INSTANCE_KEY, HOST, INSTANCE_NAME from QUEST_INSTANCE_DIM;
2. To drop an instance from a repository schema execute the drop_instance.sql script on the repository schema. You will be prompted for the instance name and host as it appears in the table QUEST_INSTANCE_DIM (case sensitive).
3. The execution may take a while (depending on the size of the instance).
4. After the script has finished, query the QUEST_INSTANCE_DIM table again to make sure that the instance was fully removed from the repository.
There is a bug in the attached drop_instance.sql script. The correct script you will find in solution sol35261: