When I launch Code Tester, I am prompted to log-on to a database. Then I get the following message: "Quest Code Tester for Oracle requires Oracle client software for Oracle database 9i Release 2 or higher. Please install the required software, if you do not have it installed. Then make sure you are using the appropriate Oracle Home. After Quest Code Tester has been installed you can also set the default Oracle Home through Preferences:
Tools | Preferences | General | Oracle
You will then need to restart Quest Code Tester for Oracle."
At this point, I click on the "OK" button, and Quest Code Tester for Oracle shuts down. Since it shuts down, I cannot access the Preferences to change the Oracle Home.
Please follow the steps below to add the OracleHome to Code Tester:
1. Run the QuestCodeTesterOracle.exe using the /b command line option. I.E.
2. When prompted to log in to a database press cancel
3. When the support bundle window appears, press cancel
The main Code Tester window should now be open in a disconnected state.
4. Select the Tools | Preferences... menu option
5. Select the General item in the left hand list
6. Change the Oracle Home selection to your desired Oracle Home then press Ok
7. Now select the Database | Connect... menu option to connect to your desired database