1. Go to the Quest Support Website MyAccount
1a)- Open https://support.quest.com/my-account
1b)- Sign with your Support Account
1c)- Navigate to My License Assets
1d)- Under License Number place a checkmark by the Licenses that you want to upgrade
1e)- Click on NetVault Backup
1f)- IF you have a Valid NetVault License that can be Upgraded, You will be able to click on the Blue Link UPGRADE AVAILABLE right after Version:
1g)- A new UPGRADE Popup Window will open with:
Please Select Version for Upgrade. IF you do not see your Product Version below, please contact Licensing Assistance
A radius checked . Upgrade NetVault Backup XXXXXX Edition to version 13 (XXXX is the type of License that you have)
A link to Cancel and close the window without performing the upgrade or a link UPGRADE that must be clicked to perform the upgrade to the version 13
1h)- Click on Upgrade to perform the upgrade to the version 13
1h)- The Popup window will now show 3 notes with checkmarks:
Note that your license has changed as a result of the upgrade
Your License has been successfully upgraded. Please use Retrieve Key to receive your upgraded license by email.
Click on Ok to close this window and go back to the original screen
1i)- Click on Retrieve Key to Generate your License Keys.
IF the Upgrade was successful, the main License page will be refreshed and will now show:
The Page will contain as many upgraded Licenses as the customer owns
Please confirm all of the License Numbers, Product Descriptions, Machine IDs and Alias
To Receive an email for each newly generated Upgrade NetVault License version 13, click on the Link Generate Key.
3. Place into the NVHOME\tmp folder, All dlv Licenses received by email.
5. If no extra dlv files were not found by the installer during upgrade then only default 30 day trial license for NV server will be installed.
6. If you want to add extra licenses after the upgrade (From Installation guide:
a)- In the Navigation pane, click License Management.
b)- On the License Management page.
c)- click Install License.
7. Because the NetVault WebUI is tied to a specific NetVault Server and all licenses are installed on the NetVault Server, you need not explicitly select client while installing license.
a)- In the Choose License File/s dialog box, click Select a file, point to the “.dlv” file that contains the license key, and click Open.
b)- In the dialog box, click OK to apply the selected license file. After the license file is installed successfully, a message is displayed.
c)- To dismiss the message, click X.