When using Quest Migration Manager for AD, the following directory contains large cache files:
C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Migration Manager\DSA\Configs\Cache\
0D89FFD2DE9F8B49B77C3E1720956694.mdb (1.7 GB)
62F3F747F9F12F4B97549EB736CF0934.mdb (1.6 GB)
The folder is consuming many GBs of disk space and seems to be growing at a noticeable rate.
Is there a way to safely delete these files?
Move the folder to a separate drive as per SOL51292: How to change the location of the DSA cache files. -- https://support.quest.com/Search/SolutionDetail.aspx?id=SOL51292.
This procedure re-syncs all objects configured in your job. So please be aware that it will overwrite any manual changes that may have been made since the initial directory sync.
1. Go to ' QMM Console | Directory Migration | <Domain Pair> | Synchronization'.
2. Select 'Action | Stop'.
3. Delete all files in the '..\DSA\Configs\Cache\' directory.
4. Go to 'QMM Console | Directory Migration | <Domain Pair> | Synchronization' again.
5. Select 'Action | Start and Re-Sync'.
A few facts about how the DSA cache works:
1. All files in Cache folder are part of the DSA cache (i.e. there is no stale files).
2. Every time a limit of 2 GB is reached, an additional file is created.
3. Deleting any of the cache files will cause a full re-sync for the objects contained in the deleted files.