In the case of a refresh of a monitored Oracle instance, how can the Performance Analysis agent be recovered without re-installing the agent?
In the case of an Oracle database refresh, it will be necessary to create the schema owner again and grant the proper permissions. It will also be necessary to re-install the Performance Advisory objects. To do this, please perform the following:
1. Create the schema owner and grant "create session" to it.
2. Run the quest_pa60_internal_grant_mon_user.sql script as system or sys to grant the needed privileges to the schema owner. This can be found in the directory <install_dir>/agents/StealthCollect/6.0/data directory on the monitored host.
3. Run the PA_Agent_Installer_<version>_<platform>.bin on the monitored host and choose option 4 to add the repository. When prompted if you want to override the current configuration, choose yes to override it, then enter the repository database connection details.
4. Verify that you can connect in the Performance Analysis GUI client and make sure you can see history and that the advisories option is working correctly.
5. Go into Agent Administration and click on the "Performance Repository" tab to make sure the repository is functioning properly."
6. To verify that the advisory objects have been installed, you can run the following query:
select owner, object_name from dba_objects where object_name like 'QUEST_ADV%';
If you have trouble with step 3, please restart the agent on both tiers, making sure that all processes are dead before restarting the agent.