Please note: The Agent Installer Wizard is not yet available for Amazon Redshift agent creation.
The Agent Status page can be used to create new agents and configure and manage existing agents. To access the page from the navigation pane, select: Dashboards | Administration | Agents | Agent Status.
Use the following steps to create a new agent instance:
- If the Redshift agent package has never been deployed to the FglAM that will be used to host the agent, this must be done before an agent has been created. You can use the Deploy Agent Package button on the Agent Status or Agent Managers page to perform this.
- Click the Create Agent button and follow the instructions for the cards:
- Host Selector - Choose the Agent Manager on which the agent should run. Considerations for this may include physical or virtual locality to the monitored instance, allocated resources, or grouping with other agents of the same type or monitored environment.
- Agent Type and Instance Name – Select the RedshiftAgent type. Then, select the Specify Name radio button and provide a name for the agent that will be created. This is not canonical and should be representative of the database instance that this agent will monitor.
- Summary – Click Finish.
- Once the agent has been created, click the checkbox next to the Redshift agent.
- Click the Edit Properties button.
- Select Modify the default properties for this agent.
- Edit the agent properties for the Redshift agent instance:
- Cluster Connection
- Collection Intervals
- DB Overrides
- Statement Tracking
- Click the Activate button.
To modify the properties for an existing agent, skip to step 3 and Deactivate, then Reactivate the agents after changing the configuration.