While trying to connect to a database the following error occur:
"An error has occurred in table (RAC)SortHash in connection <connection name>. This user may have been configured for an earlier version of Spotlight on Oracle (RAC), or Spotlight on Oracle (RAC) may not be installed. You should attempt to install or upgrade the user."
The error could occur after the database has been upgrade to a higher version. Before Spotlight was working without any errors.
Rerun the Oracle User Wizard and upgrade the Spotlight on Oracle database objects. To run the Oracle User Wizard do the following steps:
1. Open Spotlight console.
2. Click on File | Oracle User Wizard
3. Follow the instruction of the Wizard. If you have already a Spotlight user in the database choose " Upgrade an existing user/Set up an existing user" otherwise choose "Create a new user".
Now the Spotlight database objects will be synchronized/recreated with the new database version.
Make sure that you are using the Spotlight user you just created for the connection.
1. Open the "Connection Manager"
2. Do a right click on the connection
3. Click on "Properties"
4. The Oracle user must be the Spotlight user (not SYSTEM or SYS)