All objects can be double clicked and loaded into the Editor without problems except packages.
When double clicking or right click | Load into Editor | "Both Spec and Body", Toad will give an access violation error. If just right click | Load into Editor | just spec or just body, this loads without errors.
The EditorLayout_PLSQL.lay file that controls the layout for the PLSQL editor is automatically and unknowingly reset to 0kb. This issue may be associated with a direct upgrade to 9.0 over a previous install of 8.x or older.
Uninstall Toad and reinstall as new into a new directory.
Reset the EditorLayout_PLSQL.lay and Lexlib.lxl file. Resetting the files will reset some of your Desktop and Editor Option settings. You will need to manually reset these again.
1. Exit out of Toad
2. Go to C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User File folder -- or your install directory for Toad for Oracle.
3. Find the EditorLayout_PLSQL.lay and the OriginalEditorLayout_PLSQL.lay.
4. Rename EditorLayout_PLSQL.lay to back up the file -- rename to something like EditorLayout_PLSQL.layOLD.
5. Make a copy of OriginalEditorLayout_PLSQL.lay and rename the copy to EditorLayout_PLSQL.lay.
6. Launch Toad and retest the issue.
if there is still an issue....
7. Exit out of Toad.
8. Go back to C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User File folder -- or your install directory for Toad for Oracle.
9. Find the Lexlib.lxl file
10. Get a copy of the Lexlib.lxl file from another install of Toad.
11. Back up your original Lexlib.lxl file (to something like Lexlib.lxl fileOLD) and copy over the other Lexlib.lxl file from the other install.
12. Launch Toad adn retest the issue.
Waiting for fix in a future release of Toad for Oracle.