How to send files like HTML, XML to external web browser or other tool to view contents instead of having to open the browser and load the file manually.
1. Launch Toad for Oracle and connect to a database.
2. On the tool bar, by default the 15th icon from the left. (Looks like a grey wrench in front of a yellow cylinder.)
3. If you hover the mouse cursor over it, it'll say "Configure/Execute External tools."
4. Click the Icon. Click Add.
5. Give it a title like "Explorer." Browse to the program executable. (C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IExplorer.exe)
6. For the Parameter, select from the list at the bottom "active editor file." This will load the current file you're working on into the external tool, in this case, Internet Explorer. Click "OK" when done.
7. Back in Toad, you can select the drop down list next to "Configure/Execute External Tools." You can select "Explorer" and it will launch Internet Explorer which will try to load the current file in your editor.