Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise 12.0.1 is a patch release with the following enhancements and resolved issues:
- ID SOSSE-6735 - Updated the link to the new Spotlight Enterprise Community page.
- ID SOSSE-6651 - On the SQL Server | Databases drilldown, Databases grid and Fragmented indexes grid, click Ctrl+A to ‘Select All’ rows. Click outside the grid to clear selected rows.
- ID SOSSE-5755 - On the SQL Server | Workload Analysis drilldown, right click on a SQL statement to view the SQL statement in an external editor.
- ID SOSSE-2532 - On the SQL Server | Databases drilldown | Fragmented indexes page - select multiple indexes to Generate Defragmentation Script for all selected indexes.
- ID DS-757 - Improved user interface design arround previous unfriendly error message: “Unknown Identifier asked for extended events. Please connect.”
- ID SOSSE-6715- Spotlight Reports - Dates are now presented in the American format.
- ID SOSSE-6685 - Spotlight Client installed on Windows Server 2008 host experienced connection failure issues; resolved by adding support for TLS1.0 on Windows Server 2008.
- ID SOSSE-6678 - On Spotlight Today, corrected a problem with the ‘Ignore this alarm’ feature.
- ID SOSSE-6677 - When monitoring SQL Server, Workload Analysis and Wait Events drilldowns, can copy queries and selected parts of queries. Requires Internet Explorer above version 8 installed on the Spotlight Client host computer.
- ID DS-869 - Addressed customer support issues of high CPU on the Diagnostic Server host:- The value of the SQL Server connection property ‘Obscure string literals in SQL text and parameters in query plans’ has changed to ‘not selected’ for all SQL Server connections on upgrade. Following upgrade to select ‘Obscure string literals in SQL text and parameters in query plans’ as required, from the Spotlight Client, Click Configure | Connections, select the SQL Server connection and fill in the connection details.
- ID DS-860 - When monitoring SQL Server | Databases drilldown | Disk Space chart, corrected a problem with the “Include Non-SQL files in chart” option.
- ID DS-851 - Addressed customer support issues of high CPU on the Diagnostic Server host:- Enhanced the data collection methodology for the SQL Server | SQL Activity drilldown | Query Execution Statistics page.
- ID DS-825 - Corrected a problem where Spotlight Enterprise 12.0 raised SQL Agent Failed Jobs alarms for unwanted jobs; Spotlight ignored exclusion values configured for these job names.
- ID DS-822 - Corrected Connection Failure issues around the use of Extended Events:- Monitored Server - SQL Server Secondary Connection Failure: Connection ‘SQLServerXEventsChannel’ failed to connect: The event data stream was disconnected because there were too many outstanding events.
- ID DS-624 - Corrected erroneous raising of the SQL Server Databases - Dynamic Data File Group Growths Remaining alarm on upgrade.
Additional information can be located in 12.0.1 Release Notes Technical Documentation on the Support Bundle. Click here.
For list of new features in 12.0.0 see KB Article 229694.