Download the Hotfix by Clicking here.
To install the hotfix, complete the following steps:
Download the zip file that contains the hotfix. Warning:
Some computers have security settings enabled that block zip files that come from other computers. Right click on the zip file and choose Properties. If blocking is enabled you will see an “Unblock” button on the bottom right hand corner of the Properties dialog. Press “Unblock” and then press the OK button. Proceed to unzip the file.
- Close all instances of Desktop Authority Manager.
- As an Administrator, run the executable that was extracted from the zip file.
- Choose Express Upgrade when prompted.
- When prompted to back up the database please do so.
- Once the installation has finished you will need to launch the Desktop Authority Management Console and go to Server Manager and choose “Upgrade Service” on each server.
- Review any profiles that were edited after your initial upgrade to 10. Checkboxes that were set to “leave alone” will have become “un-checked” due to DAMS-2265. Correct these to the desired setting.
- With regard to DAMS-2265 it may now be necessary to specify the proxy server information in a mail profile element where it was not necessary in previous versions, if the exchange server address and proxy server were one in the same.
- To turn on NLA with the new DAMS-2874 feature you will need to set the following registry key on the client machines:
64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ScriptLogic EnableNLA = 2 (DWORD)
NOTE: Before making any changes to the registry, make a backup copy of the registry.
- This hotfix provides limited support for Windows Server 2016. The next major release will automatically check the Windows 2016 Server check box in all validation logic screens if the Windows 2012 R2 check box was already checked. If you would like to have this same behavior in this hotfix you will need to run SQL Server Management Studio, choose the DAConfiguration database and then choose New Query and proceed to run the contents of the enclosed script W2016_ValidationLogic.sql.
- From the Replicate changed files button, choose to “Force an update of the local Desktop Authority folder on clients”.
- From the Replicate changed files button, choose to “Replicate all files”. This will trigger the desktops to be upgraded to the new hotfix build.
- NOTE: If you use the USB/PS module this hotfix will upgrade the driver on the client machines and will require a reboot of all workstations that have USB/PS installed.
Issue resolved in Hotfix.