sp_ctrl, sp_util and SpClient couldn't communicate or handle (stop/start) SharePlex processes that were already running, even when they were started through sp_util
event_log shows that the sp_cop process started successfully and even started some of the processes (In this case post processes), but still can't connect to sp_ctrl.
When sp_ctrl started and tried to connect it errored out with:
Your tcp post is not set properly or 'sp_cop' is not running
Attempted to connect to sp_cop on port XXXX
Through Sp utilities show the processes on the task manager tab and service still appeared to be stopped
There were too many queues asking for memory and the MKS Toolkit was left with the default value for "Max Memory for Global Resources" under "Global Memory" in the List "Miscellaneous Setting" at "Runtime Settings" Tab.
- Calculate the necessary memory for the amount of post queues based on the value of the parameter SP_QUE_POST_SHMSIZE
- Transform that value to bytes. Ex 2GB = 2147483648
- Go tu "Runtime Settings" Tab on MKS Toolkit, then open the list "Miscellaneous Settings". Under "Global Settings" change the value for "Max Memory for Global Resources"
- Save and restart the Nutcracker service. Verify it was running properly
- Start the SharePlex Service
If sp_ctrl and sp_util aren't able to connect after this change, reboot the server.