How to completely uninstall or fully remove SQL Navigator? This includes registry files and personal setting files related to SQL Navigator.
Completely uninstall and reinstall SQL Navigator.
** Please keep a copy of your Authorization Key and Site Message on hand. This will clear out all setting. Back-up where necessary.
** Please back up the registry before making changes so that you can revert back to it if needed.
1) Go to the Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs.
2) Select SQL Navigator and click Change/Remove.
3) Once the Uninstall wizard appears, select Custom and click Next.
4) Continue to click Select All and Next until the un-installation process is complete.
5) Follow steps 2-4 for the following applications if they exist: Knowledge Xpert, Quest SQL Tuning, and any other SQL Navigator installations.
6) Delete all of the folders associated with SQL Navigator. Check for and manually delete if these still exist:
- C:\Program Files\Quest Software\SQL Navigator
In SQL Navigator version 5.0 and up check for this directory and remove:
- C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Quest Software\SQL Navigator
7) Go to the registry (Start | Run > "regedit") and back up the registry if you have not done so already.
8) In the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest Software\SQL Navigator, and right click the SQL Navigator folder and delete it from the registry.
9) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Quest Software\SQL Navigator and right click the SQL Navigator folder and delete it from the registry.
****WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that can damage the operating system and the software installed. Quest cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.****
10) You can check the registry for any other SQL Navigator folders and remove these. Once the SQL Navigator folders are removed from the registry, restart the computer and re-install the latest version of SQL Navigator.
After the custom uninstall, reinstall the new installation of SQL Navigator in a new directory. The latest version of SQL Navigator can be downloaded at http://support.quest.com/support_download/Downloads.asp.
If there are multiple installs of SQL Nav it may be necessary to repeat these steps to uninstall others on the system.