When users are trying to remote access Toad for Oracle as a Power User, it hangs or gives out error: "Can't initialize OCI. Error -1". If the user logs on to the console (SERVER) as a Power User it connects. Users are able to log on to Toad via the console and terminal service with an admin account without any problems.
- Security settings on the server
- Terminal Server configuration.
1. Must have Read/Write privileges on the oracle home directory
2. Power users will additionally require Read access to the Oracle client folder
a. C:\Oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin (specifically the OCI.DLL File)
3. Please make sure that power users have access to the following registry keys
****WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that can damage the operating system and the software installed. Quest cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.****
4. Verify correct Terminal Server configuration.
There is a strange local setting, where you must allow the Remote Desktop Users to create Global Objects. Here is a link to the Microsoft site:
5. Must apply the local policy "Remote Desktop Users to create Global Objects".