Now you can easily register or sign in to Toad World from within the Toad Data Point application.
-When you are signed in through Toad, a special toolbar displays beside your user name providing
convenient links to Toad World pages. Click the Show Tips button to display helpful tips about Toad Data
Toad Data Point 4.0 - Professional Edition
Publish and Download Transform and Cleanse Rules
-You can now publish transform and cleanse rules (transforms) to Intelligence Central to share with other
Toad Data Point users.
- Publishing transform and cleanse rules (transforms) is supported in Toad Intelligence Central 3.0 or later.
Dataset Data Source Name
Notification of Automation Script Errors
-If an Automation script errors when executed on Intelligence Central, notification of the error is included
in the Daily Digest email sent to users with Manage privileges to the script. This feature is supported in
Toad Intelligence Central 3.0 or later. See "Notifications" in the Toad Intelligence Central 3.0 Deployment
Guide for more information.
Transform and Cleanse Data
- You can now publish a Transform and Cleanse document to Intelligence Central (in addition to publishing your transformed data).
- Show/Hide Columns. You can now hide columns from view in the Transform and Cleanse window. A new pane, Show/Hide Columns, opens on the left side of the window by default. Select only the columns you want to display. This is useful when your data grid contains a very large number of columns.
- Remove Columns. A new rule type allows you to remove one or more columns from the transformed data.
- Split Columns. The new Split Column rule allows you to split a column into two or more new columns, up to ten columns. You can split columns based on a separator, such as a blank space, tab, new line, or string.
- You can also split columns at a specific position in the string.
- Rename Columns. A new rule type is available for renaming columns.
- You can now organize your saved transform and cleanse rules (called transforms) into folders.
- You can now publish transform and cleanse rules (transforms) to Intelligence Central to share with other Toad users. See the Toad Intelligence Central new features section above for more information.
- Filter by Pattern. You can now filter the data grid by a pattern (string fields). In the Top Patterns section of the profiling information (Column tab), double-click a pattern to filter and display results in the data grid. To remove the filter, click Undo Pattern Filter.
- Find and Replace. In the Find and Replace rule editor, the Find field now provides a list of column values from which to select. In addition, you can enter a partial search string to find values.
- Reuse Saved Expressions. When creating a Calculated Column, you can now save an expression to reuse in other calculated columns.
- View data details for an aggregate value. When a value in a view is based on aggregated data, you can now drill down to view the data details. Right-click the value in the view and select Show Details. This action opens a Detail Grid displaying the rows on which the aggregate value is based.
- Toad Data Point is now certified by Cloudera.
- Toad Data Point was tested and certified using the Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala: ClouderaImpalaODBC32.msi.
This release includes several enhancements to the Netezza ODBC connection.
Toad Data Point 4.0 - Base and Professional Editions
- Automatic Syntax Checking Options
- You can place the cursor over a table name in a SQL statement to display the list of columns in the table.
- Group Execute Pane. You can now specify a default setting to show or hide the Group Execute pane in the
- You now have the option to print the chart or graph when you print the pivot grid. After you right-click the pivot grid and select Print, Toad prompts you to include the pivot grid's chart/graph.
Run Automation Script Activity - Open Child Script
- You can now open the child script directly from the Run Automation Script activity. Click the Open Script button in Activity Input tab to open the child script in a new window.
Additional information relating to the new features in version 4.0.1 can be found in the Toad Data Point Release Notes.