Since upgrading to NVBU 22.214.171.124, the usual report email notifications are received as pdf attachments instead of the normal in-email HTML report.
On some environments this task is also known to hang due to Bug 31809.
Can the reports be received in HTML format as before?
Starting NV11.1, the Reporting system has had several improvements to make the report generation faster.
The report data is now fetched directly from database views.
With these improvements, the default sysmail script has been modified to render the HTML report output to pdf before sending the report via email notification. This results in the usual emailed reports being received as pdf attachments.
Also note Bug 31809 may be encountered where the pdf rendering of HTML format may hang.
This issue is now resolved in NVBU 11.3 where users can choose the Default Mail Format for reports under Change Settings > Server Settings > Reporting > Default Mail Format : where you can now choose between PDF or HTML.
If upgrade to 11.3 is not possible, please consider the below workaround:
If receiving the reports as pdf attachments is not ideal or does not work and you prefer to view the HTML output directly within the email content, please follow the procedure described below:
- Stop NetVault
- Navigate to your NetVault installation directory under:
%NVHOME%\scripts\global\ if Windows
/usr/netvault/scripts/global if Linux.
- Move the sysmail file out of the NetVault folder or rename it:
On Windows it is called sysmail.bat
On Linux it is called sysmail.sh
- Replace the sysmail file with the symail version attached to this KB according to your OS:
If Windows copy the attached sysmail.bat to %NVHOME%\scripts\global\
If Linux copy the attached sysmail.sh to /usr/netvault/scripts/global/
- Now edit the following file:
- Change the following section at the end from:
<TABLE style="display: none">
- Start NetVault and test sending one of the reports you have configured to raise an sysop email event. By selecting the report and clicking 'Run & Notify', you should now receive the HTML version of the report within the email content.