How to resync a table and not the complete database using Oracles Export/Import where compare/repair is not a viable option.
Target is massively out of sync or is corrupted and needs to be restored.
A simple resync procedure for an already replicating shareplex source - target combination.
1. Stop user activity on the source [SOURCE] ---- this step can be skipped if you can't quiet source
2. sp_ctrl flush o.SID [SOURCE]
3. When target post is stopped due to flush verify no messages in queues sp_ctrl> qstatus [SOURCE/TARGET]
4. Start an export on the source with consistent = Y [SOURCE]
5. Shutdown shareplex on target [TARGET]
6. Reset the post queue on the target [TARGET]
truncate the splex.shareplex_trans table on the target [TARGET]
7. Allow user access to the source [SOURCE] ---- can be skipped if you skipped step 1
8. Truncate the tables on the target that need to be imported [TARGET]
9. Import the dump file from the source [TARGET
10. When import has completed, disable triggers, delete cascade and start the post process on the target. [TARGET]
Note: If you skipped step 1, you may see a few false out of sync messages on the target but the tables should be in sync if all tables has unique keys or unique indexes. You should perform step 2 and 4 as close as possible if you skipped step 1.