New graphic engine
Toad Data Modeler 6.0 utilizes brand new graphic engine which brings the following advantages:
• Sharper font rendering
• Smoother and clearer rendering of objects
• Toad Intelligence Central (TIC) features
Connection dialogs improvements
Several changes were made to the Connections dialogs, depending on the database platform and
• ODBC - added Reload button to reload newly added Data Source Names in combobox
• SQL Server - added Port editbox (optional, Native Connection)
• PostgreSQL - added SSL support (Native Connection)
• Greenplum - added SSL support (Native Connection)
After entering connection details, users can now choose available database instead of entering it
manually. This change has affected the following database platforms:
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft Azure
• Sybase/SAP ASE
Graphics | Page Setup tab.
• It is now possible to easily select/unselect multiple items in various grids, lists and trees by using SHIFT key and choosing the desired option in context menu.
• Better exception handling for Export and Import to Excel functions. Common exceptions caught during the process are now described in more detail instead of one general error being displayed in Message Explorer.
• When using Export to Excel in Logical Model, Domains are now exported as well.
• Artifact modifications on Toad Intelligence Central are now tracked and may be displayed by clicking the new Notifications button on Intelligence Central toolbar.
• Relationships created using the Infer Relationship tool are now marked by a To-Do task prompting user to check whether the relationship has been created correctly.
• Alphabetic/Square Autolayout now arranges objects according to the currently used Display Mode (Captions/Names/Full Names).
• Oracle: In DDL Script Generation, It is now possible to generate/not generate comments for specific model object types.
• Oracle: Net Service Names using TCPS protocol are now recognized and displayed in the Connecting section of Reverse Engineering Wizard (when using Native Connection)
• DB2: In DDL Script Generation, It is now possible to generate/not generate comments for specific model object types
• PostgreSQL: SSL mode for Native Connection is now supported.
• PostgreSQL: The STORAGE EXTERNAL property is now supported for PostgreSQL versions 8.1 and higher.
Additional information relating to the new features in version 6.0 can be found in the Toad Data Modeler 6.0 Release Notes or in the 'New in this release' subtopic in the 'Welcome to Toad' Chapter of the Help. (includes instructions and screenshots)