A server that had a LiteSpeed demo or trial license which was replaced with a permanent license key is displaying the following message:
"Evaluation Expired!LiteSpeed ... evaluation has expired.
Please contact www.quest.com (or www.imceda.com) for further assistance."
Evaluation period has expired or the registry key holding the key does not have proper permissions. LiteSpeed was probably installed by a different user than the one installing the registration key.
1. Uninstall LiteSpeed from Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs. Drop the extended stored procedure in the master database 'xp_sqllitespeed_version' from the SQL Server Enterprise Console.
2. Rename these files, written to the Microsoft Binn directory:
XpSLS.dll --> xpSLS.dllx
xpLogShipping.dll --> xpLogShipping.dllx
xpSLSImportStats.dll --> xpSLSImportStats.dllx
3. Rerun the installation to allow the permanent key to be rewritten.
4. Select Start | Programs | Imceda | LiteSpeed 2005 | Registration.
5. Click Next and select Register your copy of LiteSpeed 2005.
Also see Solutions: 14714 and 20287