Steps to make DDL changes to a table that SharePlex is unable to process:
1) Make a copy of the current configuration file and edit the copy config file so that the table that is being restructured is not in replication.
2) Quiet the source system for the table in question.
3) Activate the copy config file, this will drop the table out of replication.
4) If the target table is changing, check the target post queue is empty so the target table is not being updated.
5) Make changes to the table on source and target as required.
6) Activate the original config file, this will bring the table back into replication with the new structure.
NOTE: If supplemental logging is off at the Oracle level, the table will need to be analyzed, but this will not apply to the other tables in replication.
7) Resume user activity on the source.
NOTE: Between points 3 and 6, the table is not being replicated. Any updates to the source will not be replicated.