How do I save the login password into a file for the purpose of transferring the password to another computer, since SQL Navigator stores the login passwords in the Registry?
Use the SQL Navigator Profile Manager to move the Login Passwords.
1. To access the SQL Navigator Profile Manager
Select Start > All programs > Quest Software > SQL Navigator > Profile Manager.
2. To backup a user profile
In SQL Navigator Profile Manager window, select Backup User Profile.
3. Select the version of SQL Navigator which has the preferences you want to save.
4. Select the directory into which the preference backup file is to be saved.
5. Enter a name for the profile backup file, or accept the name displayed.
6. Click Backup.
Note: The file is saved into the designated folder and has an extension of .prof.
To restore a user profile
1. In SQL Navigator Profile Manager window, select Restore User Profile.
2. Select the directory from which the preference backup file is to be restored.
3. Select the file containing the backed-up profile file and click Next.
4. Select the version of SQL Navigator that you want the backed-up to replace and click Restore.