Issue fixed in version 10.0. The latest version of Desktop Authority can be downloaded here.
If upgrading to the current version of Desktop Authority is not possible, the hot-fixed Expert Assist files (220.127.116.11) can be downloaded here.
Warning: Some computers have security settings enabled that block zip files that come from other computers. Right click on the zip file and choose Properties. If blocking is enabled you will see an “Unblock” button on the bottom right hand corner of the Properties dialog. Press “Unblock” and then press the OK button. Proceed to unzip the file.
Workaround Installation Instructions:
1. Make a backup of the current Remote Management component (ExpertAssist), in case of an issue with the hotfix. Select all the files and folders under the \\DA_Server_Name\slogic$\DesktopAuthority folder (the default install location) and move to another folder.
Note: Do not delete the ".\DesktopAuthority" folder since the sldaclient$ share and permissions will have to be recreated.
2. Download and extract or copy/paste the "ExpertAssist_18.104.22.168.zip" file contents to the location specified above.
3. Login to the Desktop Authority Manager console and verify that each Remote Management element under the User Profiles is not configured to use the Alternate Location setting. Note: If Remote Management element is configured to use the “Use alternate Desktop Authority .exe location” setting, the files will need to be manually updated in those locations as well.
4. Also verify that the Validation Logic is configured accordingly so the Remote Management element will execute and upgrade the client machines that are necessary.
5. Save changes, if any were made and click on the "Replicate changed files (default)" button located in the lower left corner in the Desktop Authority Manager.
6. Logoff and back onto a client machine where the Remote Management element will validate in order for ExpertAssist component to be upgraded.
7. Ensure that ExpertAssist has been upgraded by either reviewing the user's trace file located in "%temp%\Desktop Authority\sltrace.htm" and/or remote control the machine using ExpertAssist and click on the "About ExpertAssist" tab on the Home page.
To determine if this hotfix/patch is installed:
On the client machine, navigate to the "%temp%\Desktop Authority" folder to review the SLTrace.htm file.
Press F3 and search for the phrase "Remote Management Component" (without the quotes) within the browser window and ensure that the version number is 22.214.171.124.
On the client machine, navigate to "C:\Program Files\Dell\ExpertAssist\" folder and verify that "DesktopAuthority.exe" is versioned as 126.96.36.199.