When running a gathering job, the session for the task displays the following is received:
"A required privilege is not held by the client. Failed to create process: "...\Program Files\Quest Software\InTrust\Server\InTrust\GatheringEngine.exe" . ( A required privilege is not held by the client. (Win32 error: 1314) )"
If the gathering job is run without the task, a pop-up box with a similar error is displayed.
This issue can occur if the InTrust service account does not have the 'Replace a process level token' permission.
To verify that the account has this right:
1. Click on Start | Programs | Administrative Tools.
2. Select Local Security Policy.
3. Navigate to Security Settings | Local Policies | User Rights Assignment.
4. Right-click the right 'Replace a process level token' and select Properties.
5. Verify that the InTrust service account has this right. If it does not, add the account.
6. Reboot the server.
7. Try the Gathering job again.