Migration Manager can use LDP with other Directory tools and the logs to confirm the LDAP filter is identifying the users required to be put into Directory Synchronization scope.
A quick method is to utilize the Synchronization tool itself.
- Right click on the Synchronization object for the Domain Pair in question
- Select Specify Source Scope
- Click the Set Filter button
- Click the advanced tab to confirm the Filter is present and correct
- Click the Exclude list tab
- Click the Select button
- Click (but do not Select checkbox) the OU in question where users affected by the LDAP filter should be present
- The right hand pane will only display users that meet the LDAP filter attributes
Using Active Directory Users and Computers
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Click the drop-down list next to Find, and then select Custom Search
- From the next screen, select the Advanced tab
- Type the appropriate LDAP statement under Enter LDAP query
- Make sure that the IN: dropdown points to the correct container