How to start FVE vApp in run level 1
1) Start up the OS; press the Esc key right after the VMware screen.
2) Press the ‘e’ key to edit the startup sequence (grub).
3) Move the cursor to the Linux line, then press the “End” key. Add a space and a number 1.
4) Press F10, this should continue the startup sequence, this time as run level 1.
5) Enter the root password.
6) Once authenticated, proceed to do the maintenance.
7) run fsck for /dev/sdb1 partition. "fsck -y disk in question"
After maintenance is done. Restart the OS with command: "reboot". The error should not persist, so FMS should start up normally.