Error received when attempting to run a backup:
Cannot find xpsls.dll .
The extended stored procedures are not installed on SQL Server instance.
If this is not an upgrade install, run Instance Configuration to install extended stored procedures.
If you get an error when attempting to run a backup: Cannot find xpsls.dll, and this is not an upgrade install, verify from SQL Server Query Analyzer the version of the LiteSpeed by running the following:
If you cannot obtain the output of this query, reinstall LiteSpeed extended stored procedures on the SQL Server instance, using:
1. Start | All Programs | Imceda | LiteSpeed 2005 | Instance Configuration and proceed with the wizard.
2. Rerun the query:
If the output indicates the correct version of LiteSpeed, the application will run normally.
In the case of a upgrade install and the output of master..xp_sqllitespeed_version displays normally, the previous versions xpsls.dll may be held in cache and the upgrade install may have not succeeded.
1. Stop the SQL Server Service, verify that all jobs have stopped running, the DLLs will release from cache.
2.Rename these files, written to the Microsoft Binn directory:
Typically found in C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL.1MSSQLBinn
3. From SQL Server installation directory: ...Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQLBinn, rename slssqlmaint.exe to slssqlmaint.old.
4. Reinstall LiteSpeed, restart SQL Server Services.
5. Run the following query from Query Analyzer: