GPOadmin is installed with all parts on the main server, including the Client and the dashboard. When loading the dashboard as a user that has access to the main Client, all objects that this user can see are displayed correctly. Installing the Dashboard onto a second server or workstation, when running the dashboard as the same user that is used on the main server, the dashboard displays no object and occasionally displays a red Circle with a white Cross with the message" Should validate Protected Settings"
This is a known Defect with the Dashboard failing to connect to a GPOAdmin Server. The defect id is 595444
On The workstation or Server please do the Following
Edit the GPOADminDashboard.exe.config file in the install directory of the dashboard client.
Location of file C:\Program Files\Quest\GPOADmin\GPOADminDashboard.exe.config
Change the highlighted value "localhost" to the FQDN of the Dashboard service you wish to communicate with. ONLY CHANGE THIS VALUE. DO NOT CHANGE THE DNS VALUE.
Run Notepad as Local administrator on the Workstation
1. Using Notepad open & Edit the following file C:\Program Files\Quest\GPOADmin\GPOADminDashboard.exe.config
2. On line <endpoint address="net.tcp://localhost:8733/Quest.Avalanche.Dashboard.Service/DashboardService"
3. Change localhost to the FQDN of the GPOAdmin Server
4. Change the "localhost" to the "FQDN of the Server" eg <endpoint address="net.tcp://gpoadminserver.domain.com:8733/Quest.Avalanche.Dashboard.Service/DashboardService"
5. Save changes to the config file ** make sure you save the file as all files NOT txt (it should overwite the existing file)
6. Close the GPOadmin Dashboard
7. Restart the GPOAdmin dashboard service
8. Reopen the Dashboard as the user account you use for gpoadmin
9. Now it should be ok
Our product management team reviews open enhancement requests and considers them for inclusion in a future product release. There is no guarantee that a specific enhancement request will be implemented in a future release. For more information regarding our enhancement request policy, refer to our Global Support Guide on the Support Portal at quest.com/support
Please refer to the "New Features" section of the Product Release Notes for a complete list of Enhancement ID's addressed in the new release. These are available in our release notes and guides section of the Support Portal.