- Copy/append is another data synchronization utility which is built in SharePlex. It uses Oracle Export/Import utility to allow users to setup replication and/or (re)synchronize tables already in replication.
- Copy/append cannot be used in a bi-directional or HA environment without additional steps noted in SOL48020.
- Most command scenario using copy/append command:
- To synchronize table which Compare/Repair is not able to repair
- Place a table into replication while instantiating it
- Difference between copy and append command:
Copy command will truncate target table prior to synchronizing data
Append command will append (not truncate) target table prior to synchronizing data
- Copy/append can be run on object(s) not in replication with the FORCE option.