- Use the Cartridge Builder cartridge.
- The Cartridge Builder cartridge ships with the FMS and located in <FMS HOME>\tools"
NOTE: Foglight 5.9.1 cart builder is a zip file which requires renaming to a .car extension.
- In Manage Cartridges dashboard, install the cartridge builder cartridge on the FMS that contains the services to be exported.
- Ensure that the Foglight user has the "Cartridge Developers" role
- Go to Development Tools dashboard and select Cartridge Builder
- Select "Create" to create new cartridge, enter the appropriate info and save.
- Click on the edit icon to edit components of your cartridge.
- Click "Add Elements" and select "add Service Structure Export" make sure include containments is checked.(default)
- Select the services to be export
- Click "Generate Car File".
- Note the path of the new cartridge file
- Install the newly generated cartridge on the other FMS, and the services will be imported.
NOTE: The service import will not create objects that do not exist. The contained objects must be present on the destination FMS. The Parent service will be created but the child components will not if they were not already present on the target FMS.
See the attached doc for sceenshots and steps used to copy rules from one FMS to another using Cartridge Builder.