WARNING: Altering registry settings can have dire consequences on your machine. Be extremely careful to not delete any items in the registry. Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 “Description of the Microsoft Windows registry” at Microsoft Support.
To enable the Core Quick Start Guide, please follow the steps below.
- Open the registry editor by clicking on Start, run, type regedit, and press Enter.
- Navigate to this registry key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Core\CoreSettings.
- In the right pane, find and double-click on the DWORD (32-bit) Value labeled StartupGuideFinished.
- Change the value data from 1 to 0.
- Click OK to close the StartupGuideFinished key.
- Close the registry editor.
- Close and reopen the AppAssure Core console to confirm that the Quick Start Guide now opens when the console is opened.
Alternatively, you can open the Quick Start guide on demand from the Core UI. In the upper left hand corner, click the Help drop down and then click "Quick Start Guide."